FAQs: SHOOT INFO
WHEN CAN I EXPECT MY IMAGES TO BE DELIVERED?
Image are delivered in a few stages:
We have our relaxed, fabulous and fun photo shoot.
- Within 3 days I’ll put up a private web gallery of unedited images for you to choose from. I'll mark my selects as it sometimes helps to have an additional eye.
- You will "✮" your pre-determined number of favorites (don’t worry, you can purchase additional images at anytime), then let me know when you've made your final selections. Once your selects are made, I will have the images with Basic Photo Editing, available within 1 week. Full Professional Retouching of your selects will take up to 3 weeks.
- Once the images are ready, I'll create a new web gallery where you can download and share the images. I'll also create a Custom Mobile App with images from our shoot. Talk about making all the other parents will be jealous ...
What do Natural Light + Lighting Equipment mean?
Natural Light is the available sunlight, without any artificial light sources.
Lighting Equipment includes: stands, strobes, bounces, soft boxes and umbrellas.
Although my style of photography always feels very natural, using lighting equipment gives me more control, which is important for my magazine-style editorial portraits.
WHAT is basic editing?
Basic editing is anything that can be done in a darkroom: color correction, exposure, cropping, minor dodging and burning.
WHAT is full professional retouching?
This type of editing takes 6-8 hours per image. I work with Kris Mari Photography for my professionally retouched images. She is a master of:
- Body Reshaping—the much easier version of a nip/tuck
- Compositing—when you combine two or more images
- Beauty Management—skin, hair, teeth whitening etc.
- Clothing/Environment Correction—smoothing of clothing, etc.
I work very hard to style and arrange my portraits so they come out looking exactly how I want them to, but having a professional retoucher makes a real difference. I am always careful to make sure the images look completely natural and not overdone.
WHAT IS DIGITAL TETHERING?
My camera is attached to my portable computer so my Digital Technician/Assistant and I can see the images immediately. This allows me to catch all the styling nuances on a larger screen and is key for the editorial/magazine-style portrait.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY FAMILY GETS HANGRY (not a typo) OR GRUMPY DURING A SHOOT?
We roll with it. It’s all part of the day and we've all been there! We will definitely discuss how to prepare (snacks, drinks, scheduling around nap times), but let’s face it … we all get hangry and need to take a break once in a while. Hey, maybe a napping baby ends up being our perfect shot? My point is, I'm flexible and patient, and I never judge. I say bring on the snacks and drinks for ALL of us! We are in this together.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE CAN/SHOULD I BOOK MY SHOOT?
I book up to a year in advance with a deposit. Weekends usually turn out to be the easiest time to gather the family and there are a limited number of those so I recommend booking as far in advance as possible, and please remember to take into account the turn around time when it comes to those time sensitive shoots!
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WEATHER DOESN'T COOPERATE?
The good news is that the weather always cooperates when we are indoors. My team always does our best to work around whatever weather comes our way! Again, we go with the flow. That being said if a true emergency comes up, my team will of course try and reschedule for a later date, schedules permitting.